Use the maps below to help you plan an outdoor adventure on public land or explore new areas in the province.
- PDF maps can be downloaded to your mobile device or printed for offline use.
- Georeferenced maps can be used offline on your mobile device using the Avenza mobile app. Download maps before you head out.
|Designated Trails and PLUZ||Location||PDF Map||Georeferenced Map|
|Athabasca Ranch, Brule Lake and Coal Branch PLUZ||East of Jasper National Park, West of Edmonton||Map|
|Hinton Mountain Bike Trails||Trails Managed by Hinton Mountain Bike Association, West of Edmonton||Map|
|Holmes Crossing||Northwest of Edmonton||Map|
|Whitecourt Sandhills||Northwest of Edmonton||Map|
|Bighorn Backcountry PLUZs:||East of Jasper and Banff National Parks, West of Red Deer||Map||Map (PDF, 5.7 MB)|
|Ghost||East of Banff National Park, West of Calgary||Map||Map|
||East of Banff National Park, West of Calgary||Access - Map
Motorized - Map
|Sibbald Snow Vehicle||East of Banff National Park, West of Calgary||Map||Map|
|East of Banff National Park, West of Calgary||Map||Map|
|Eastern Slopes of the Rocky Mountains, Southwest of Calgary||Map (PDF, 8.3 MB)|
|Bragg Creek Trails||Trails managed by Bragg Creek Trails, West of Calgary||Map (PDF, 1.6 MB)|
|Moose Mountain Trails||Trails Managed by Moose Mountain Bike Trail Society, West of Calgary||Map|
|Porcupine Hills||Eastern Slopes of the Rocky Mountains, West of Lethbridge||Map|
|Livingstone||Eastern Slopes of the Rocky Mountains, West of Lethbridge||Map|
|Provincial Trails||Designated provincial trails on public land (within and outside of PLUZs)||Map|
Crown land maps
- Explore Alberta’s Interactive Recreation Map to find general information about Crown land sites across the province, and recreation pass boundaries.
- Learn more about agricultural public land and the process for requesting access to an agricultural lease on public land for recreation.
- Explore Alberta Parks’ 474 sites in provincial parks and protected areas across the province.
Find more information about recreation opportunities and regulations:
- on provincial trails
- on public land
- in Public Land Use Zones (PLUZs)
Connect with us:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Phone: 310-LAND (5263) (in Alberta)
Toll free: 1-833-310-5689 (outside of Alberta)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.