Call 911 if you or someone you know is in immediate danger.
Pink Shirt Day is February 22, 2023. Pink Shirt Day began in 2007 when a student in Nova Scotia was bullied for wearing a pink shirt to school. It has since been recognized annually worldwide as a day to stand against bullying.
Pink Shirt Day encourages Albertans to be inclusive, welcoming and supportive with colleagues, clients, friends and family. Building healthy relationships is one of the best ways to prevent bullying and create safe environments. Getting involved is easy. Wear your pink shirt, take a photo and share it on social media with the #PinkShirtDay hashtag.
Consider how you can take part in Pink Shirt Day. Here are a few ideas:
- share Pink Shirt Day resources on social media
- practice acts of kindness
- discuss your role in bullying prevention with your friends, family or coworkers
- learn where to turn for help, like Bullying – Find supports
- write a letter or email to the editor of your local newspaper or radio station about the importance of promoting healthy relationships
- host a Pink Shirt Day themed event in your community
Download materials to help promote Pink Shirt Day 2023 in your community:
- Social graphics – multiplatform
- Zoom background
- Pink Shirt email signature banner
Post on social media
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.