Call 911 if you or someone you know is in immediate danger.
Bullying Helpline Chat: to get help anonymously in English.
Available 24 hours a day in English only. Talk anonymously with trained staff/counsellors.
How it works:
- Enter your information and click Start.
- Watch for a pop-up window to know when the next chat staff member is free.
- Begin entering your chat when you see a message in the chat window.
What you need to know:
- the average chat session is 30 minutes
- chat is in English only
- for a more secure chat, set your internet browser to private mode
- there may be long wait times for the service
- for a faster and more stable connection use a desktop computer
- if you lose your chat connection, log in again or call 310-1818 (Bullying Helpline)
- after you finish, click ‘End chat’ instead of closing your browser
If you suspect someone is experiencing family violence or other types of abuse, contact:
- Family Violence Info Line: 310-1818 to get help anonymously 24/7 in more than 170 languages
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-KIDS (5437) for help 24/7
- Sexual Violence One Line: Call or text 1-866-403-8000 from 9 am to 9 pm daily for confidential support.
- Abuse Helpline: 1-855-443-5722 for information on supports related to physical, sexual, emotional, mental abuse, exploitation or neglect. Help is available 24/7 in multiple languages.
- Protection for Persons in Care reporting line: 1-888-357-9339 to report the abuse of an adult receiving care or support services from public funded service providers such as:
- seniors’ lodges
- nursing homes
- mental health facilities
- group homes
- addictions treatment centres
- other supportive living settings
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.