Services and information
- Report potentially serious incidents
It is a requirement to report potentially serious incidents (PSIs) that occur on your work site.
- Refuse dangerous work
You have the right to refuse work that might put you or others in danger
- Report serious injuries and incidents
Types of workplace incidents that must be reported directly to Alberta Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), and how to report them.
- Report unsafe work
If you are concerned about an unsafe work site or conditions, you must report it to your employer or supervisor to determine next steps.
Report serious injuries and incidents
You must call in an injury or incident as soon as possible to OHS if it:
- results in a death
- results in a worker being admitted to hospital
- involves an unplanned or uncontrolled explosion, fire or flood that causes or may cause a serious injury
- involves the collapse or upset of a crane, derrick or hoist
- involves the collapse or failure of any component of a building or structure
- involves an incident listed in section 40(3) of the OHS Act at a mine
The OHS Contact Centre is open 24 hours a day for Albertans to report workplace incidents.
Report potentially serious incidents
A PSI is any incident where a reasonable and informed person would determine that:
- the injury sustained requires medical attention beyond first aid or
- the incident could have caused serious injury and:
- the hazard was not identified in the hazard assessment or
- the identified hazard had not been reasonably controlled
You must use the online forms to report potentially serious incidents (PSIs).
File a complaint online
Anyone can report unsafe conditions at a workplace.
- Make a confidential health and safety complaint online.
Refuse dangerous work
You have the right to refuse work that might be a health and safety danger to you, other workers or other persons at the work site.
Know what is dangerous work and what to do about it.
Report unsafe work
You must report unsafe work conditions to your employer or supervisor to determine the next steps.
Learn about employer and worker responsibilities.
Appeal or review an OHS action
If OHS has issued you an order, suspension, cancellation, administrative penalty, ruling or disciplinary action, you can:
To connect with OHS: