OHS concerns and incidents

Alberta Occupational Health and Safety helps prevent worker injuries and illnesses by providing measures and information for taking action.

Services and information

You can report a concern online or by calling the OHS Contact Centre.

Learn how OHS laws protect workers from disciplinary action for complying with health and safety legislation.

You have the right to refuse work that might put you or others in danger

If you are concerned about an unsafe work site or conditions, you must report it to your employer or supervisor to determine next steps.

Types of workplace incidents that must be reported directly to Alberta Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), and how to report them.

It is a requirement to report potentially serious incidents (PSIs) that occur on your work site.

Employers or prime contractors must report certain incidents that occur on a mine or mine site.

Get answers to your workplace health and safety questions.

Was this page helpful?

All fields are required unless otherwise indicated.

You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.

Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.