If you are looking for job opportunities with the Alberta Public Service, visit Jobs with the Alberta Public Service.
Register for Job Agent Notification Service
If you are interested in receiving a weekly Job Agent notification email alerting you to new job postings, you can register for the Job Agent Notification Service. To set up the notification service:
- select the Advanced Search option
- identify your search criteria which may include keywords, locations, job families, etc.
- select the Save Search option to save your criteria
- name your search
- check Use As Job Agent and provide your email address
- Job Agent will run your saved criteria once a week for a 90-day period and notify you of new jobs that meet your criteria
Create your Careers Account
- When you create your online Careers account, ensure you include a valid email address.
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application each time you apply for a job online.
- In the event you do not receive an email confirmation, you may want to follow-up with Talent Acquisition Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm whether or not your application has been received.
- You can view your application information in the My Career Tools section of your Careers account.
Upload your application information
- Ensure your application information (cover letter, resume and any other related documents) is submitted in one file as only one file can be uploaded.
- Do not password protect this file or submit a document that includes macros.
- Accepted file formats are:
- .pdf (Adobe Acrobat)
- .rtf (Rich Text Format)
- .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word)
- The file name must be less than 60 characters and cannot contain special characters (e.g. @, *, &, etc.).
- If your application information does not meet these criteria, you will receive an error message and not be able to upload the information. Please reformat and/or rename your document and try uploading again.
- If you forgot to include your cover letter, you will need to re-apply for the job and upload all your application information as one document. Human Resources will mark your first application as a duplicate and use your most recent application.
- Keep the Job ID number, job posting, and position profile (if applicable) for reference in the event you are called for further assessment.
Update your application information
- If you want to update your application information and the competition is still active, you will need to re-apply for the job and upload all your application information as one document.
- Human Resources will mark your first application as a duplicate and use your most recent application.
- If the competition has closed, you will need to contact the Human Resources contact referenced in the job posting to provide them with the updated information. If you do not know who the contact is, you can contact the Public Service Commission (PSC) Talent Acquisition Services at email@example.com.
Delete your Careers Account or application information
- Our online system does not allow manual deletion of your Careers account or your application information.
- After a period of inactivity, your information will be deleted automatically from the system.
Check the status of competitions
- You can check the status of the competition(s) you applied on through your Careers account and/or the Competition Status page.
- All status information refers to the status of the competition and not the status of your application.
- If you have questions regarding a competition, contact the Human Resources contact referenced in the job posting. If you do not know who the contact is, you can contact the Public Service Commission (PSC) Talent Acquisition Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact us for technical assistance and questions about jobs with the Alberta Public Service. We will make every effort to respond promptly.
If you have already applied on a job posting and have questions about your application, you can contact the Human Resources contact referenced in the job posting or Talent Acquisition Services at email@example.com.
Only those inquiries that include an email address will receive a response.
The personal information that you provide on this form will be used for the purpose of contacting you to address your inquiry.
Your information is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
If you have any questions about the collection of your personal information, you can contact Talent Acquisition Services, Public Service Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alberta Public Service Ambassador Program