Before you arrive

  • Learn about Alberta's climate, geography, people and economy.
  • Find job postings, job search resources, employment services and training programs.
  • Find a doctor in Alberta or locate a Primary Care Network health care team that's right for you.
  • Learn about Alberta's kindergarten to grade 12 education system and how to choose a school.
  • Use the look up tool to find child care and explore subsidy options.
  • Use the comparison tool to help make an informed decision when selecting a water, natural gas or electricity provider.

When you arrive

While you're here

  • Enjoy the great outdoors at Alberta's provincial parks and recreation areas.
  • Get free admission to Alberta's museums and historic sites with your CFOne card
  • A centre in Edmonton where veterans can find financial, employment, housing and crisis supports.
  • Get help for addiction or mental health concerns from an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals.
  • Find financial assistance, health benefits, daily living and housing supports for people with disabilities.
  • Find out how to get a qualified service dog for post-traumatic stress disorder or other disability.
  • Birth and adoption, death, divorce and separation, marriage, legal name changes, registry services, and ordering and updating documents.
  • Find financial assistance programs, affordable housing and job loss supports for people in need.
  • Help for individuals, families and children affected by or at risk of family violence, bullying, abuse, exploitation or homelessness.
  • Get information on common legal procedures including family law, restraining and protection orders, wills, estates and court hearings.
  • Alberta residents who are Canadian citizens and at least 18 years old can vote in the provincial election. Register with Elections Alberta.


Call or message us for information on government programs or services:

Ask questions about your children's grade placement in Alberta:

To connect with the Government of Alberta's Liaison to the Canadian Armed Forces:


Email your ideas on how to improve this military family resource page to


Visit your local Military Family Resource Centre for more information on programs and services in your community: