- Funds the Employment Partnership Program to support Indigenous people in training and employment.
- Operates the First Nations Development Fund, which provides grants for economic, social and community projects.
- Helps inform and guide consultations with Indigenous communities on the management and development of provincial Crown lands and natural resources.
- Continuing work to address the ongoing crisis of violence against Indigenous women, girls and two-spirit plus people.
Working with Indigenous communities, the federal government, industry and other stakeholders to support strong, vibrant Indigenous communities and people who fully participate in a prosperous, competitive and diverse Alberta. The ministry is also responsible for:
- promoting social and economic opportunities for Indigenous Peoples
- co-leading Indigenous training for all Alberta public servants
- working with other ministries to develop opportunities for Indigenous Peoples to influence land and resource management decisions.
The Community Support Fund will support community projects to increase the safety and economic security of Indigenous women, girls and two-spirit plus people.
The Indigenous Reconciliation Initiative will support Indigenous-led cultural and economic projects.
- Nov 14, 2023
Minister of Indigenous Relations Rick Wilson issued the following statement to recognize Métis Week, Nov. 12-18:
- Oct 30, 2023
Alberta’s government is expanding the Alberta Indigenous Opportunities Corporation’s (AIOC) capacity to support Indigenous investment and create long-term economic benefits.
- Oct 4, 2023
Minister of Indigenous Relations Rick Wilson issued the following statement on Sisters in Spirit Day: