Clicking on a business licence below will provide instructions, and other information about licensing procedures. Individual licensing forms are also available.
- Cemetery registration (cemeteries, columbaria and mausolia)
- Cemetery Licences
- Charitable fund-raising business licence
- Charitable organizations
- Collection agency
- Debt repayment agency
- Debt repayment agent
- Direct sellers (door-to-door sellers)
- Employment agency
- High-cost credit business licence
- Home inspection business
- Home inspector
- Marketing of gas and/or electricity business licence
- Payday loan business
- Prepaid contractors
- Retail home sales (mobile homes, modular homes and packaged homes)
- Time share and points-based contracts
Other licences and registrations in Alberta
- Automotive (sales, leasing, repair and consignment sales)
- Funerals (businesses, crematories, directors, embalmers, pre-arranged funeral plans)
- Gambling (casinos, raffles, bingos, pull tickets)
- Real Estate (agents, brokers, mortgage brokers, property managers)
- Insurance (agents, brokers and adjusters)
This online tool helps you find the permits and licenses you may need from all levels of government (municipal, provincial/territorial and federal) through a simple, 4-step process:
- Enter your location.
- Enter your business type.
- Provide some generic information about your business.
- Receive a customized list of necessary permits, licences and other requirements, specific to your business activities, which includes basic information and links to more details and downloadable forms where available.
Additional resources for businesses
To connect with the Consumer Contact Centre: