Clicking on a business licence below will provide instructions, and other information about licensing procedures. Individual licensing forms are also available.
- Cemetery registration (cemeteries, columbaria and mausolia)
- Cemetery Licences
- Charitable fund-raising business licence
- Charitable organizations
- Collection agency
- Debt repayment agency
- Debt repayment agent
- Direct sellers (door-to-door sellers)
- Employment agency
- High-cost credit business licence
- Home inspection business
- Home inspector
- Marketing of gas and/or electricity business licence
- Payday loan business
- Prepaid contractors
- Retail home sales (mobile homes, modular homes and packaged homes)
- Time share and points-based contracts
Other licences and registrations in Alberta
- Automotive (sales, leasing, repair and consignment sales)
- Funerals (businesses, crematories, directors, embalmers, pre-arranged funeral plans)
- Gambling (casinos, raffles, bingos, pull tickets)
- Real Estate (agents, brokers, mortgage brokers, property managers)
- Insurance (agents, brokers and adjusters)
This online tool helps you find the permits and licenses you may need from all levels of government (municipal, provincial/territorial and federal) through a simple, 4-step process:
- Enter your location.
- Enter your business type.
- Provide some generic information about your business.
- Receive a customized list of necessary permits, licences and other requirements, specific to your business activities, which includes basic information and links to more details and downloadable forms where available.