We have temporarily closed in-person Business Licencing services at our Commerce Place front-counter in Edmonton.
Licensees who are operating or entering into new transactions and contracts are still required to have a valid licence.
- If your licence is set to expire and you are still operating, please complete your licence renewal as soon as possible via Province of Alberta Business Licensing Online (PABLO), or submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing issues with your renewal, including delays, contact the Business Licensing Office.
Questions may be directed to:
For more information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Clicking on a business licence below will provide instructions, and other information about licensing procedures. Individual licensing forms are also available.
- Cemetery registration (cemeteries, columbaria and mausolia)
- Cemetery Licences
- Charitable fundraising business licence
- Charitable organizations
- Collection agency
- Debt repayment agency
- Debt repayment agent
- Direct sellers (door-to-door sellers)
- Employment agency
- High-cost credit business licence
- Home inspection business
- Home inspector
- Marketing of gas and/or electricity business licence
- Payday loan business
- Prepaid contractors
- Retail home sales (mobile homes, modular homes and packaged homes)
- Time share and points-based contracts
Other licences and registrations in Alberta
- Automotive (sales, leasing, repair and consignment sales)
- Funerals (businesses, crematories, directors, embalmers, pre-arranged funeral plans)
- Gambling (casinos, raffles, bingos, pull tickets)
- Real Estate (agents, brokers, mortgage brokers, property managers)
- Insurance (agents, brokers and adjusters)
This online tool helps you find the permits and licenses you may need from all levels of government (municipal, provincial/territorial and federal) through a simple, 4-step process:
- Enter your location.
- Enter your business type.
- Provide some generic information about your business.
- Receive a customized list of necessary permits, licences and other requirements, specific to your business activities, which includes basic information and links to more details and downloadable forms where available.