COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Changes to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and revised regulations take effect on December 1, 2021. Read more about the changes to OHS laws.
Important to know
Call the OHS Contact Centre right away if you’re concerned about immediate danger or injury from work, to you or anyone else:
How to file a complaint
You can make a health and safety complaint 2 ways:
- file a complaint online (preferred for non-urgent situations where no immediate danger exists)
- call the OHS Contact Centre
Anyone can report unhealthy or unsafe conditions at a workplace. You don’t have to be an employee to do so. You may choose to remain anonymous when filing a complaint through either method.
After you make a complaint
- calls are answered by the OHS Contact Centre advisors
- OHS acknowledges receipt of online complaints via email within 3 business days
- follow-up actions by OHS depend on the nature of the complaint and the number of complaints being processed
File a complaint online
Click on the online tool below to file a complaint.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.