Call 911 if you or someone you know is in immediate danger. Family violence is a crime.
Family violence includes physical, verbal, emotional, financial and sexual abuse, neglect, stalking or being kept from seeing other people or forced to stay in one place.
Family Violence Information Line – business card (PDF, 288 KB)
Safer Spaces – business card (PDF, 223 KB)
Abuse of persons with disabilities
Spousal or partner abuse
Substance abuse and family violence
Support and prevention
Translated publications and audio
Family Violence: What You Need to Know – simplified Chinese
- Family Violence: What You Need to Know – traditional Chinese
Know Your Rights: Alberta’s Protection Against Family Violence Act – simplified Chinese
Child Abuse and Children Exposed to Family Violence – simplified Chinese
Women Abused in Intimate Relationships – simplified Chinese
Men Abused by Women in Intimate Relationships – simplified Chinese
Albertans’ Perceptions of Family Violence, Bullying and Elder Abuse survey:
- 2018 perceptions of family violence and bullying survey
- 2016 perceptions of family violence and bullying survey
- 2014 perceptions of family violence and bullying survey
- 2012 perceptions of family violence and bullying survey
- 2010 perceptions of family violence and bullying survey
You can order the helpline cards and copies of any publication, report or survey free of charge. Quantities may be limited.
To place your order, email firstname.lastname@example.org.