Table of contents
- Approved training
- Compliance and enforcement
- Concerns and incidents
- Education and resources
- Permits and certificates
- First responders’ mental health grants
- Get a Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Health and safety program
- Impairment in the workplace
- Health and safety committees
- Obligations of work site parties
- OHS Futures Research Grants
- OHS prevention initiative
- Partnerships in Injury Reduction
- Workers’ Memorial Grant
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Workplace harassment and violence
- Young worker safety
Approved courses are provided by training agencies that have agreed to deliver audiometric technician training in accordance with the minimum standards of the OHS Code, Part 16: Noise Exposure.
For more information, see Audiometric Testing: Information for Employers and Workers (HS005).
This course list is particularly useful if you:
- are looking for an approved course
- want to verify whether a course you’ve already taken is approved
Although courses vary in format and cost, those appearing on the list have been approved by the Director of Medical Services as meeting the minimum training standards.
Note: The course list is updated as course reviews are completed.
Technicians holding a certificate in audiometric testing must re-qualify every 5 years.
Approved training courses
Centre for Professional Nursing Education
Department of Professional Nursing and Allied Health
City Centre Campus
9-206, 10700 104 Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 2P2
Email: [email protected]
Registration web page: Workplace Health Screening Professional Development
Approved course: OCCH 321, Audiometric Technician Course
THM Audiology Group Ltd.
#207, 2915-21 Street NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 7T1
Approved course: THM Audiometric Technician’s Course
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.