Table of contents
- Approved training
- Compliance and enforcement
- Concerns and incidents
- Education and resources
- Permits and certificates
- First responders’ mental health grants
- Get a Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Health and safety program
- Impairment in the workplace
- Health and safety committees
- Obligations of work site parties
- OHS Futures Research Grants
- OHS prevention initiative
- Partnerships in Injury Reduction
- Workers’ Memorial Grant
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Workplace harassment and violence
- Young worker safety
Approved courses are provided by training agencies that have agreed to deliver pulmonary function technician training in accordance with the minimum standards of the OHS Code, Part 4, Section 40: Health assessments for workers exposed to asbestos, silica or coal dust.
This course list is particularly useful if you:
- are looking for an approved course
- want to verify whether a course you've already taken is approved
Courses on the list have been approved by the Director of Medical Services meeting the minimum training standards. All approved agencies must agree that their approved courses will be delivered in accordance with the regulatory requirements for conducting health assessments for workers exposed to asbestos, silica or coal dust at workplaces.
Note: The list is updated as course reviews are completed.
Pulmonary function technicians must recertify every 5 years.
Approved training courses
Centre for Professional Nursing Education
Department of Professional Nursing and Allied Health
City Centre Campus
9-206, 10700 104 Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 2P2
Email: [email protected]
Registration web page: Workplace Health Screening Professional Development
Approved course: OCCH 322, Spirometry
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.