COVID-19: Stop the spike!

  • Follow the rules: Mandatory public health measures in effect across the province.
  • Get vaccinated: Everyone 30+ can book now. Everyone 12+ can book starting May 10.

Update your AHCIP account

Update your AHCIP account when your contact information changes or with important life events like university, marriage, babies and more.


It is important to keep your Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) account information up-to-date. Make sure to report a change of address, change in relationship status, new dependents, or if someone on your account turns 21 or 65.

Travel and absences from Alberta can affect your coverage. Learn how being away from Alberta affects your coverage.

Students, including those leaving Alberta to study or coming into Alberta to study, need to know what health coverage they have or need while away from home. Learn about health care coverage for students.

If you move out of Alberta, or a member of your family passes away, let us know so we can update or cancel AHCIP accounts.

If you are 65 years or older, you can get additional coverage for prescriptions and other health-related services not covered by AHCIP. Learn more about the Coverage for Seniors benefit.


Connect with the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan office.