Wildfires have resulted in evacuations in some communities. Learn more.

Update your AHCIP information

Update your information when you move, get married or divorced, have a baby, will be temporarily absent and more.

Explore pages in:
Update your information


It is important to keep your Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) information up-to-date. Make sure to report a change of address, change in relationship status, new dependents, and if a member of your family dies outside Alberta.

Students, including those leaving Alberta to study or coming into Alberta to study, need to know what health coverage they have or need while away from home.

If you move out of Alberta, let us know so we can update or cancel AHCIP coverage.

If you are 65 years or older, you receive additional coverage for prescriptions and other health-related services not covered by AHCIP. Learn more about seniors health benefits.

In focus

Update your health information if you move, have children, turn 21 or 65, get married, divorced or other relationship changes.

Health care coverage information for students who are leaving Alberta to study elsewhere, or coming to Alberta to study.

How to cancel AHCIP coverage if you move outside Alberta or if an Alberta resident dies.


Due to high call volumes, it is recommended you read through our web content before you call us.

To register or update your information, go to a participating registry agent.

Connect with AHCIP