COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
- Information on post-secondary learning during COVID-19.
- How to start planning for post-secondary.
- Resources and supports for Indigenous students in Alberta’s adult learning system.
- Information for Albertans studying abroad and international students.
Prepares Albertans for lifelong success through education by:
- approving programs of study
- funding public post-secondary institutions and other adult learning providers
- providing financial aid for learners
- registering and certifying apprentices
- supporting academic research and innovation
Our programs and services are driven by 3 outcomes:
- Adult learning opportunities are accessible and affordable for all Albertans.
- High-quality education, skills development and research make a positive contribution to Alberta’s economy, society, culture and environment.
- The adult learning system is accountable and coordinated.
Alberta’s budget is focused on protecting lives and livelihoods, investing in health care, preparing for recovery and spending responsibly.
Scholarships are available for students, teachers, apprentices and occupational trainees.
Start planning for post-secondary
Whether you are in high school or going back to school as an adult, use these resources to help you create a learner pathway that gets you where you want to be.
Adult learning system principles
Read the 5 principles guiding our work to ensure all Albertans have the same opportunity to get a high-quality post-secondary education.
Supports for Indigenous students
The government is committed to supporting Indigenous post-secondary students in Alberta by providing campus, community, financial and transition resources.
- Oct 08, 2021
Alberta’s government has streamlined the post-secondary program approval process, giving institutions more flexibility to respond to labour market needs and develop innovative new programming.
- Sep 29, 2021
Wainwright and area residents can now earn a university degree to become a registered nurse without leaving their home community.
- Aug 30, 2021Alberta 2030: New micro-credential opportunities | Alberta 2030 : Nouvelles possibilités de microprogrammes
Alberta’s government is creating new, flexible learning options to help people take the next step in their profession or explore new career opportunities.