Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
- Information on post-secondary learning during COVID-19.
- How to start planning for post-secondary.
- Resources and supports for Indigenous students in Alberta’s adult learning system.
- Information for Albertans studying abroad and international students.
Prepares Albertans for lifelong success through education by:
- approving programs of study
- funding public post-secondary institutions and other adult learning providers
- providing financial aid for learners
- registering and certifying apprentices
- supporting academic research and innovation
Our programs and services are driven by 3 outcomes:
- Adult learning opportunities are accessible and affordable for all Albertans.
- High-quality education, skills development and research make a positive contribution to Alberta’s economy, society, culture and environment.
- The adult learning system is accountable and coordinated.
Budget 2022 is moving Alberta forward by building health system capacity, getting more Albertans working, and balancing the budget.
Scholarships are available for students, teachers, apprentices and occupational trainees.
Start planning for post-secondary
Whether you are in high school or going back to school as an adult, use these resources to help you create a learner pathway that gets you where you want to be.
Adult learning system principles
Read the 5 principles guiding our work to ensure all Albertans have the same opportunity to get a high-quality post-secondary education.
Supports for Indigenous students
The government is committed to supporting Indigenous post-secondary students in Alberta by providing campus, community, financial and transition resources.
- Feb 08, 2023
Alberta’s government is expanding the New Beginnings Bursary to help 1,700 low-income students become nurses.
- Feb 03, 2023
Alberta’s government will require post-secondary institutions to provide annual free speech reporting to the minister of Advanced Education.
- Jan 26, 2023
To help bring more physicians to rural Alberta, Alberta’s government is working to offer physician training in Lethbridge and Grande Prairie.