- How to start planning for post-secondary.
- Resources and supports for Indigenous students in Alberta’s adult learning system.
- Information for Albertans studying abroad and international students.
Prepares Albertans for lifelong success through education by:
- approving programs of study
- funding public post-secondary institutions and other adult learning providers
- providing financial aid for learners
- registering and certifying apprentices
- supporting academic research and innovation
Our programs and services are driven by 3 outcomes:
- Adult learning opportunities are accessible and affordable for all Albertans.
- High-quality education, skills development and research make a positive contribution to Alberta’s economy, society, culture and environment.
- The adult learning system is accountable and coordinated.
Start planning for post-secondary
Whether you are in high school or going back to school as an adult, use these resources to help you create a learner pathway that gets you where you want to be.
Adult learning system principles
Read the 5 principles guiding our work to ensure all Albertans have the same opportunity to get a high-quality post-secondary education.
Supports for Indigenous students
The government is committed to supporting Indigenous post-secondary students in Alberta by providing campus, community, financial and transition resources.
- Mar 03, 2020
Premier Jason Kenney has shared condolences from Albertans with the Iranian community and announced provincial support for a new scholarship that will honour the victims of Ukrainian International Airlines Flight 752.
- Feb 21, 2020
A comprehensive review of post-secondary education will help co-create a long-term strategy and vision to deliver better outcomes for students and all Albertans.
- Feb 13, 2020
Nominations for the first inductees to the new Alberta Trades Hall of Fame opened Feb. 13.