- Information on post-secondary learning during COVID-19.
- How to start planning for post-secondary.
- Resources and supports for Indigenous students in Alberta’s adult learning system.
- Information for Albertans studying abroad and international students.
Prepares Albertans for lifelong success through education by:
- approving programs of study
- funding public post-secondary institutions and other adult learning providers
- providing financial aid for learners
- registering and certifying apprentices
- supporting academic research and innovation
Our programs and services are driven by 3 outcomes:
- Adult learning opportunities are accessible and affordable for all Albertans.
- High-quality education, skills development and research make a positive contribution to Alberta’s economy, society, culture and environment.
- The adult learning system is accountable and coordinated.
Alberta’s budget is focused on protecting lives and livelihoods, investing in health care, preparing for recovery and spending responsibly.
Scholarships are available for students, teachers, apprentices and occupational trainees.
Start planning for post-secondary
Whether you are in high school or going back to school as an adult, use these resources to help you create a learner pathway that gets you where you want to be.
Adult learning system principles
Read the 5 principles guiding our work to ensure all Albertans have the same opportunity to get a high-quality post-secondary education.
Supports for Indigenous students
The government is committed to supporting Indigenous post-secondary students in Alberta by providing campus, community, financial and transition resources.
- Jul 05, 2021Alberta 2030: Expanding work-integrated learning | Alberta 2030 : Favoriser l’apprentissage intégré au travail
Alberta’s government is helping fund new on-the-job learning opportunities for post-secondary students, helping to build job-ready skills and increase access to talent for employers.
- Jun 24, 2021
Alberta is taking the next step toward expanding the apprenticeship model of learning to new professions in priority industries.
- May 11, 2021
Grande Prairie Regional College will become Alberta’s newest polytechnic, providing residents of the Peace Region access to a broader range of learning and employment opportunities.