Businesses and individuals who are required to pay Alberta taxes, levies or fees for the following programs may do so by using one of the options on this page. For more information on these programs, visit these links:

Electronic payment

Pay online through your financial institution

Electronic payment is a fast, easy, convenient and secure way to pay your corporate or commodity taxes.

The Government Tax Payment and Filing Service has been established at most financial institutions.

For more information, see the links below, or contact your bank or TelPay for Business.

Financial institutions offering electronic payment

Pay online using a credit card

All tax programs

To pay by credit card you may use a third-party service provider, Plastiq Inc. You will be charged a fee for using their service.

The effective date of receipt of your payment is the date TRA's account is credited, usually within 2 to 3 business days.

You are responsible for making sure TRA receives your payment by the due date. TRA may charge you penalties or interest or both if your payment is late.

IFTA renewal fees

International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) renewal fees can be paid online using a credit card, with no transaction costs, through the Tax and Revenue Administration Client Self-service (TRACS) system.

If you are not registered for TRACS, you may pay by credit card using Plastiq Inc.

Pay using a wire transfer

Only non-residents who do not have a Canadian bank account can pay using wire transfer.

Pay by mail or in person

Mail, courier or hand-deliver cheques and money orders to TRA between 8:15 am and 4:30 pm MST, Monday through Friday, except statutory holidays.

TRA does not accept cash payments of taxes, levies and fees. Do not send cash in the mail.

A debit machine is available at TRA’s Edmonton location.

All cheques or money orders should be made payable to the Government of Alberta.

On the back of the cheque or money order, note your Alberta Corporate Account Number and/or Business Identification Number (BIN) (e.g., 123456789), program name, and the reporting period or tax year end of your payment.

Post-dated cheques are acceptable.

We consider the date of payment for interest calculation purposes to be the date we receive the payment, not the date of mailing.

Pay at your financial institution

Present the required original TRA remittance advice and your payment to the teller.

Photocopies of the remittance advice form are not accepted.

Remittance advices

We automatically send you the appropriate remittance advice based on your account status and needs with your Statement of Account.

If you need more remittance advices, call TRA at 780-427-3044 and select option 3. For toll-free service in Alberta, call 310-0000 and then the number.

Financial institutions will not accept photocopied remittance advices.

Minimal amounts

You do not have to pay a balance where the total of tax, penalties, and interest are less than $20 that you may owe after your return is processed.

Payments made in error to Canada Revenue Agency

There is no process for transferring payments of Alberta corporate taxes made to Canada Revenue Agency in error.

Sign up for updates

Subcribe to get TRA's publications and announcements by email



To submit forms

Please note: forms cannot be sent through email. Complete and print your forms and bring, mail or fax them to:

Tax and Revenue Administration
Alberta Treasury Board and Finance
9811 109 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2L5

Fax: 780-427-0348

To connect with Tax and Revenue Administration

Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Phone: 780-427-3044
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Email: tra.revenue@gov.ab.ca