The Ministry of Treasury Board and Finance focuses on:
- financial management
- human resource and communications leadership
- regulation of Alberta’s liquor, gaming, cannabis, financial, securities, insurance and pensions sectors
Monitoring the environment in which the ministry operates is essential to successfully meet the needs of government and Albertans.
The ministry consists of the Department of Treasury Board and Finance, together with Communications and Public Engagement, the Public Service Commission and 9 provincial agencies. The ministry also administers 9 regulated funds.
- List of public agencies
- Personal information bank directories
- Media inquiries
- Ministry staff directory
- Tax and levy payments and administration
Corporate income tax
Corporations are required to file a corporate income tax return with Tax and Revenue Administration in addition to Canada Revenue Agency.
Information for individuals and pension plan administrators from the Alberta Superintendent of Pensions and the Pension Policy branch.
Information for consumers and industry from the Alberta Superintendent of Insurance.
- Sep 10, 2020
Alberta’s ‘shelter for abandoned money’ – officially known as the Unclaimed Property Registry – wants Albertans to search for their lost money.
- Aug 27, 2020COVID-19 and oil price collapse crush province with historic deficit | La COVID-19 et l'effondrement des prix du pétrole écrasent une province historiquement déficitaire
The first quarter report for 2020-21 forecasts Alberta’s deficit at $24.2 billion after the devastating economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and oil price crash.
- Jul 01, 2020
Alberta’s corporate tax rate has dropped to eight per cent, making it by far the lowest rate in Canada and among the most competitive in North America.