The Ministry of Treasury Board and Finance focuses on:
- financial management
- human resource and communications leadership
- regulation of Alberta’s liquor, gaming, cannabis, financial, securities, insurance and pensions sectors
Monitoring the environment in which the ministry operates is essential to successfully meet the needs of government and Albertans.
The ministry consists of the Department of Treasury Board and Finance, together with Communications and Public Engagement, the Public Service Commission and 9 provincial agencies. The ministry also administers 9 regulated funds.
- List of public agencies
- Personal information bank directories
- Media inquiries
- Ministry staff directory
- Tax and levy payments and administration
Budget 2022 is moving Alberta forward by building health system capacity, getting more Albertans working, and balancing the budget.
Corporate income tax
Corporations are required to file a corporate income tax return with Tax and Revenue Administration in addition to Canada Revenue Agency.
Information for individuals and pension plan administrators from the Alberta Superintendent of Pensions and the Pension Policy branch.
Information for consumers and industry from the Alberta Superintendent of Insurance.
- Sep 22, 2022
President of Treasury Board and Minister of Finance Jason Nixon issued the following statement on the provincial fuel tax relief program:
- Aug 31, 2022Q1 update: Paying down debt and saving for the future | Mise à jour du 1er trimestre : réduction de la dette et épargne pour l’avenir
Strong economic activity this year will see Alberta make historic investments in savings and debt reduction.
- Aug 10, 2022
Alberta Innovates has removed almost 60 per cent of unnecessary regulatory requirements to support businesses and entrepreneurs.