TWINS services

Request documents

The following documents can be requested using TWINS:

  • Duplicate teaching certificate ($25 fee)
  • New certificate to reflect a change in name
    • A photocopy of your government issued marriage certificate(s) or a Vital Statistics name change certificate is required.
  • Statement of Standing ($25 fee)

The Statement of Standing will show:

  • your certificate’s date of issue
  • whether your certificate has been suspended, cancelled or withdrawn
  • the type or level of the certificate
  • the scope of its authority

All associated fees can be paid through TWINS.

View application status or teaching authority recommendation

Application and service request status can only be viewed online through TWINS. To view an application or service request status:

  1. Sign in to TWINS using your Alberta Education Account login.
  2. Select “View Application and Request” from the left menu.
  3. Current and prior applications will be listed. If documents are outstanding, the status will show “Application is waiting to be fulfilled”.
  4. Select the “Checklist” link for the application of interest.
  5. A checklist of documentation still required to process the application will be displayed.

All documents must be received before the application or service request will be processed.

Processing time for applications or service requests varies depending on where applicants are applying from based on the date the application was considered complete:

  • Alberta graduates: at least 14 business days
  • North American (Canada and the United States) applicants: at least 60 business days
  • Out-of-County applicants: at least 120 business days

Change education credentials

You can verify and update your education credentials through TWINS. Transcripts from the institutions where the credentials were earned are required and must be sent directly to the Registrar at Alberta Education.

Update contact information

Teachers and applicants can use TWINS to update the following information.

  • address
  • email address
  • phone numbers

Update this information whenever there is a change or when you request a service.

Add or view First Nations, Métis or Inuit self-identification

You may self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit through TWINS. This is voluntary and responses remain confidential. You may add, remove or change your status at any time.

Alberta Education collects First Nations, Métis and Inuit identity information as a baseline to measure the education system’s progress in attracting and retaining a diverse workforce.

Personal information collected in TWINS is managed and protected by Alberta’s privacy laws, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act, the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), the Education Act and Certification of Teachers and Teacher Leaders Regulation. School authorities are not able to view the First Nations, Métis or Inuit indicator on a teacher’s record. Any reporting is done on an aggregate basis only for the province or school authority as a whole. Individual teachers are not identified.


Connect with the Office of the Registrar:

Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Phone: 780-427-2045
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Fax: 780-422-4199
Email: [email protected]