Services and information

  • About making payments to Tax and Revenue Administration (TRA)

    Options for making payments to TRA for Alberta corporate and commodity taxes and levies.

  • About tax and levy rates and prescribed interest rates

    Rates for corporate, fuel and tobacco tax, carbon levy, tourism levy, and Tax and Revenue Administration’s prescribed interest rates.

  • About Tax and Revenue Administration (TRA)

    News, overview, videos and indicators from TRA, which is responsible for tax and revenue collection and administration, and related links.

  • Alberta Indian Tax Exemption (AITE)

    Eligible consumers are exempt from fuel tax and carbon levy on fuel, and tobacco tax on tobacco, purchased as personal property on reserve.

  • Carbon levy

    Information, publications and forms related to the administration of the carbon levy.

  • Corporate income tax

    Corporations are required to file a corporate income tax return with Tax and Revenue Administration in addition to Canada Revenue Agency.

  • Emergency 911 levy

    The Emergency 911 levy, after administrative costs, goes to 911 call centres in Alberta to help them provide services and maintain systems.

  • Fuel tax

    Applied to purchases of fuel, including gasoline, diesel, propane (for motive purposes), aviation fuel, locomotive fuel and renewable fuels.

  • GST-free Alberta government entities

    List of Alberta government departments and agencies exempt from paying the federal Goods and Services Tax (GST), and how to remit the GST.

  • Health cost recovery

    Automobile insurers remit an amount for each calendar year representing their proportionate share of the total estimated Crown cost.

  • Insurance premiums tax

    Payable annually by insurers on premiums receivable on contracts of life, accident, sickness and all other contracts of insurance.

  • Tobacco tax

    Alberta tobacco tax is applied to all tobacco products purchased in Alberta, including cigarettes, loose tobacco and cigars.

  • Tourism levy

    The tourism levy is charged on most types of temporary accommodation in Alberta.

  • TRA Client Self-Service (TRACS)

    Secure online system for corporate and commodity taxpayers, claimants and filers to conduct business with Tax and Revenue Administration.