COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Alberta Transportation permits the movement of vehicles with a steering axle weight exceeding legal weights as per Commercial Vehicle Dimension and Weight Regulation AR315/2002 on Bed, Picker and Winch Trucks and vehicles with Permanently Mounted Fixed Equipment.
To obtain a permit the vehicle must:
- qualify to exceed the legal weight allowances
- complete a specification sheet
- get a government weigh scale ticket
A 30 day, temporary permit may be issued to allow time to obtain a government weigh ticket.
Click on one of the links below to obtain a copy of the specification sheet for your type of vehicle.
When the sheet has been filled out, email a copy along with a government weigh scale ticket to the [email protected].
- Steer Permit Application (PDF, 128 KB)
- All Terrain Crane Multi-Trip (PDF, 83 KB)
- Mobile Crane Multi-Trip (PDF, 158 KB)
- Service Rig Multi-Trip (PDF, 80 KB)
- Permanently Mounted Equipment Multi-Trip (PDF, 120 KB)
- Permanently Mounted Equipment Trailer Multi-Trip (PDF, 166 KB)
Connect with the Central Permit Office:
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.