COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
Alberta Transportation permits the movement of vehicles with a steering axle weight exceeding legal weights as per Commercial Vehicle Dimension and Weight Regulation AR315/2002 on Bed, Picker and Winch Trucks and vehicles with Permanently Mounted Fixed Equipment.
To obtain a permit the vehicle must:
- qualify to exceed the legal weight allowances
- complete a specification sheet
- get a government weigh scale ticket
A 30 day, temporary permit may be issued to allow time to obtain a government weigh ticket.
Click on one of the links below to obtain a copy of the specification sheet for your type of vehicle.
When the sheet has been filled out, email a copy along with a government weigh scale ticket to the [email protected].
- Steer Permit Application (PDF, 128 KB)
- All Terrain Crane Multi-Trip (PDF, 83 KB)
- Mobile Crane Multi-Trip (PDF, 158 KB)
- Service Rig Multi-Trip (PDF, 80 KB)
- Permanently Mounted Equipment Multi-Trip (PDF, 120 KB)
- Permanently Mounted Equipment Trailer Multi-Trip (PDF, 166 KB)
Connect with the Central Permit Office:
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.