Alberta Transportation permits the movement of vehicles equipped with permanently mounted equipment exceeding regulated weights as per Commercial Vehicle Dimension and Weight Regulation AR315/2002.
To obtain an annual permit the vehicle must:
- meet the permit qualification requirements to exceed the regulated weight allowances
- complete an application form
- some vehicles may need to obtain a weigh scale ticket from a certified scale
Click on one of the links below to obtain a copy of the application form that pertains to your type of vehicle.
Email the completed form to the Central Permit Office at [email protected].
- Steer Permit Application (PDF, 128 KB)
- All Terrain Crane Multi-Trip (PDF, 83 KB)
- Mobile Crane Multi-Trip (PDF, 158 KB)
- Service Rig Multi-Trip (PDF, 80 KB)
- Permanently Mounted Equipment Multi-Trip (PDF, 120 KB)
- Permanently Mounted Equipment Trailer Multi-Trip (PDF, 166 KB)
Vehicles requiring steer permits must obtain a weigh scale ticket from a certified scale then submit it to the Central Permit Office. Once an application form is received, a 30 day temporary permit may be issued to allow carriers time to obtain a weigh scale ticket.
Connect with the Central Permit Office:
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.