How we can help
We are here to provide general guidance and assistance with navigating the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP Act) or the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
If you require access to unpublished information or records held by public-sector bodies, visit submit a FOIP request . Use the Find a FOIP Coordinator directory to ask for advice on the most appropriate method of obtaining access to the information you need or help you produce a description of the records for your request.
Not provided by the FOIP-PIPA Help Desk:
- Legal advice or interpretation of the FOIP Act or PIPA
- Advice on any actions that individuals or businesses should take regarding access and privacy concerns
- Advice or interpretation of the Health Information Act
- Status updates for any existing FOIP requests (follow-up directly with the public body where you submitted your request)
- Investigations into privacy breaches (refer to File a complaint or report a privacy breach for more information)
Choose one of the 2 contact options below.
We will respond to your inquiry within 3 business days.