Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
Minister Mike Ellis
Mike Ellis was sworn in as the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Services on October 24, 2022.
The Premier's mandate letter to the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Services outlines the objectives and priorities of the work they will focus on in their role.
Reforms in the Police Amendment Act, 2022 will ensure that Alberta’s police services are more accountable and more responsive to the communities they serve.
Introduced the Alberta Security Infrastructure Program to help organizations targeted by hate crimes install security measures and improvements to keep members safe.
The provincial government appointed 10 members from Indigenous communities across Alberta to the Public Security Indigenous Advisory Committee.
- Report A Poacher: Report suspicious or illegal hunting and fishing activity, or dangerous wildlife encounters.
- Information on active emergency alerts and advisories.
- Resources to learn how you and your family can prepare yourselves for an emergency or disaster.
- Information on human trafficking and supports for survivors and those working to prevent trafficking across the province.
- Information on correctional services for adult and youth offenders, including rules for visiting inmates.
- Clare’s Law legislation gives people at risk of domestic violence a way to get information and make informed choices.
- How to apply for an Alberta Security Infrastructure Program Grant.
- Information on education, health care and more to help military families and veterans get set up and settled in Alberta.
- works with partners in law enforcement, justice, health and social services for a fair and accessible justice system that upholds rule of law while supporting the needs of individuals
- is responsible for the custody and supervision of adults and young persons under correctional authority, as well as the facilitation of rehabilitation
- in collaboration with municipalities, Metis Settlements and First Nations, leads disaster preparation, mitigation, response and recovery to increase individual and community resilience
- supports Alberta’s liaison to the Canadian Armed Forces to improve the experience of military members, their families, veterans and reservists in Alberta
- Alberta budget
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Mar 14, 2023
Alberta is building trust between police and communities by mandating body-worn cameras for all police services in the province
- Mar 08, 2023
New units are being formed under ALERT as part of a comprehensive approach to tackling the gang and illegal firearm violence affecting communities across Alberta.
- Mar 01, 2023
Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Services Mike Ellis issued the following statement on the Alberta Emergency Alert test: