Existing federally regulated grade crossings must meet the requirements of the Grade Crossings Regulations by November 28, 2021.
The private grade crossing document on the Transport Canada website provides information on:
- Grade Crossings Regulations
- federal grade crossing map
- agreements with railways
- responsibilities of private grade crossing owners and railways
- who is responsible for costs
- funding for improving and closing crossings
- contact information
Canadian National and Canadian Pacific railways crossings are under federal jurisdiction and the Province of Alberta cannot enforce or resolve disputes regarding these requirements.
Connect with Rail Safety:
Email: [email protected]
Connect with Transport Canada – Prairie and Northern:
Toll free: 1-888-463-0521