- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
An acceptance allows a work site party to take an alternative approach to a requirement in the OHS Regulation or Code, if the alternative gives equal or greater protection to workers than the original requirements.
OHS directors can issue acceptances for alternative:
- work processes
- first aid services, supplies or equipment
An acceptance is not an exemption to a specific requirement in the OHS legislation.
Specific provisions of OHS laws require work site parties to apply for an approval from an OHS director. For example, you may need an approval to:
- use a certain equipment or standard
- develop or use a particular process
- offer a type of course or training
How to apply
Step 1. Register for a MyAlberta Digital ID for Business account
Watch this video to learn how to register a MyAlberta Digital ID for Business account.
Step 2. Apply online (preferred)
You cannot apply online to submit health and safety committee or representative approvals.
If needed, you may fill out the following forms and send your application by email or physical mail:
Learn more about approvals with specific forms and requirements: