Table of contents
- Approved training
- Compliance and enforcement
- Concerns and incidents
- Education and resources
- Permits and certificates
- First responders’ mental health grants
- Get a Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Health and safety program
- Impairment in the workplace
- Health and safety committees
- Obligations of work site parties
- OHS Futures Research Grants
- OHS prevention initiative
- Partnerships in Injury Reduction
- Workers’ Memorial Grant
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Workplace harassment and violence
- Young worker safety
The Alberta Labour Relations Board (ALRB) is the appeal body for OHS matters. The following are subject to direct appeal to the board:
- Orders issued under OHS Act sections 38, 39 or 40
- Administrative penalties
- Orders or administrative penalties that are varied by a Director under section 41 of the OHS Act
- Cancellation or suspension of licences
- Work refusal report (OHS Act 17(15))
- Disciplinary action reports (OHS Act 19(2)) and decisions (OHS Act 19(8))
Decisions by the ALRB may be subject to an application for judicial review to the Court of King’s Bench of Alberta pursuant to s.46(13) OHS Act.
Find out more on how to file an appeal with the ALRB.
Contact the Alberta Labour Relations Board
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.