The registrar appointed under the New Home Buyer Protection Act can:
- deal with owner-builder authorizations
- refuse hardship exemptions
- issue compliance orders and administrative penalties
- make determination of building status
File an appeal
Pay fees by cheque or money order, payable to the Government of Alberta.
How to file an appeal
PDF form issues
Fillable PDF forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save the form:
- Save the PDF form to your computer – click or right-click the link and download the form.
- Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill it in and save it.
Step 1. Fill out the forms
- Appeal Form (PDF, 1.5 MB)
You may also need to fill out the following forms, depending on your situation:
- Joint Recommendation (PDF, 514 KB)
- Agent Authorization (PDF, 522 KB)
- Application for Reconsideration (PDF, 566 KB)
Step 2. Send the forms and payment
Send appeals and payment to the Land and Property Rights Tribunal
Connect with the Land and Property Rights Tribunal:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed noon to 1 pm, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Email: [email protected]
Land and Property Rights Tribunal
2nd Floor, Summerside Business Centre
1229 91 Street SW
Edmonton, Alberta T6X 1E9
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.