Service Alberta provides foundational training on the principles and processes of information management for Government of Alberta employees. If you have questions related to information management training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Management eCourses
These online courses promote awareness of the importance and benefits of managing information effectively. They provide advice and resources to manage the information you receive, collect or create at work.
- IM Module 1 - What is Information Management
- IM Module 2 - How to Manage Information
- IM Module 3 - Risks and Benefits of Information Management
Agency, board and commission employees please register by contacting email@example.com
These eCourses cover the processes and practices involved in the inactive and final disposition phases of the physical records life cycle.
- Information Management-Understanding Records Retention and Disposition Schedules
- Information Management-Preparing Physical Records for Disposition
- Information Management-Inventorying Physical Records
- Information Management-Preparing Boxes for Shipping
Pre-requisites for each eCourse listed above:
- IM Module 1 – What is Information Management
- IM Module 2 – How to Manage Information
- IM Module 3 – Risks and Benefits of Information Management
Agency, board and commission employees please register by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Management Aware sessions (IM Aware)
IM Aware is a forum for people to share developing or innovative ideas and projects related to information management.
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019 from 9 to 11:30 am
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019 from 9 to 11:30 am
If you have a current project or topic that you are interested in presenting, or if you have seen or heard presentations that the information management community may benefit from, please contact us at email@example.com.
- June 11, 2019 - Safeguarding Government of Alberta Information (PDF, 16.8 MB)
- December 6, 2018 - Transforming the Government of Alberta (PDF, 243 KB)
- September 18, 2018 - Proactive Disclosure in the Government of Alberta: Benefits and Implications (PDF, 2 MB)
Contact Enterprise Information Management
For further details or inquiries about the Government of Alberta’s information management program and services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.