Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
Alberta’s land, water, biodiversity and natural resources benefit from strong partnerships of stewards. Alberta’s government:
- fosters these partnerships with municipalities, non-profits, landowners, land trusts, and others
- Funds and supports a wide-variety of environmental stewardship programs across the province
These funding opportunities conserve, restore and enhance Alberta’s environment, including these priorities;
- Conserve ecological biodiversity by maintaining large areas of native landscape.
- Conserve, restore and connect wildlife habitat corridors.
- Support watershed functions for healthy aquatic ecosystems, flood and drought mitigation, and water quality.
- Support ecosystem services that benefit the economy, human health and recreational opportunities.
If you are interested in participating in a program or applying for a funding opportunity, review the following chart and follow this link to that program page for more details.
|Program||Program Goal||Application date|
|Land Trust Grant Program||Conserve private land by supporting land trust organizations to establish new conservation easements and support new conservation projects on land owned by land trusts.||June 1 – September 15|
|Rangeland Sustainability Program||Promote the conservation and long-term sustainability of Alberta’s rangelands and the ecosystem services these working landscapes provide to Albertans.||June 1 – October 31|
|Watershed Resiliency and Restoration Program||Improve flood and drought resiliency through conservation, restoration and enhancement of Alberta’s watersheds.||May 31 – October 15|
|Wetland Replacement Program||Re-establish wetland ecology by providing resources for collaborative wetland restoration or construction projects across the province.||Open year-round|
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.