Certification and accreditation

Labour mobility, qualifications and certification for trades and professions, and IQAS.


The Fair Registration Practices Code sets out general and specific duties for the registration practices of Alberta’s regulatory bodies.

Newcomers to Alberta can learn how to get licensed to work in a regulated occupation.

Get your foreign-earned credentials assessed for immigration or work and study.

Certified workers in regulated occupations can work anywhere in Canada without further training, testing or assessments.

Self-governing regulatory bodies set standards of practices and qualifications for a profession, occupation or trade.

See if you can use an out-of-province trade certificate to work in Alberta without further training or examinations.

Certification, licensing and accreditation for child care staff, teachers, land agents and other occupations.