The Correctional Services division oversees adult offenders who receive sentences of less than 2 years and youths. Its branches oversee:
- adult offenders in correctional facilities
- offenders sentenced to community sentences
The main functions of the division include:
- overseeing court orders and sentences
- assessing inmates’ and youths’ needs and risks
- assisting and encouraging inmates and youths to use programs and services to develop their skillsets
- ensuring facility operations
- keeping inmates and youths accountable through custody, supervision and work services
Connect with the Correctional Services division:
Correctional Services division
10th Floor, John E. Brownlee Building
10365 97 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3W7
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.