Alberta Transportation contracts often reference the following specifications and manuals. The contents within the manuals form the basis of the department’s expectations of service. Consultants working on Alberta Transportation projects should be familiar with the contents within each.
Engineering consulting guidelines
The Engineering Consulting Guidelines form the basis of Alberta Transportation's expectations and requirements of a consultant on a project.
Engineering drafting guidelines
To establish uniform standards and procedures to use when preparing various drawings for Alberta Transportation projects, Engineering Drafting Guidelines have been developed.
Superseded – Engineering drafting guidelines for highway and bridge projects (2002 to 2010):
- Forward – Standard Procedure for Submittal of Plans
- Section 1 – General Requirements, February 2005
- Section 2 – Guidelines for Bridge Projects, February 2005
- Section 3 – Guidelines for Highway Projects, July 2003
- Section 4 – Guidelines for Aggregate Projects, January 2011
- Section 5 – Appendices, October 2004
Consulting and construction contracts
Documents intended to clarify or supplement information contained in the above manuals can be found on the following pages:
- Consulting Project References (PDF, 568 KB)
Sign up for One Window notifications for additional manuals and publications that may apply to a specific project.
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.