The Community Initiatives Program (CIP) provides funding for organizations that create opportunities for Albertans to engage with and help develop their communities.
CIP outcomes are to:
- strengthen leadership and organizational capacity of community organizations
- support community-driven goals that have a public benefit
CIP has 3 distinct funding streams:
- Major Cultural and Sport Events
Funding streams at a glance
|Project-Based||Operating||Major Cultural and Sport Events|
|Web page||Project-Based||Operating||Major Cultural and Sport Events|
|Funding||Up to $75,000||Up to $75,000||Up to $250,000|
|Application deadlines||January 15
|Project completion timeframe||18 months from date of cheque||30 months from date of receipt of payment||18 months from the start of the term of the grant agreement|
|Stream priorities||Local community projects||Ongoing programs and services||Sanctioned national and international events|
Organizations can apply for one capital and one non-capital grant per government fiscal year (April 1-March 31).
- Non-capital grant requests can be accessed through any one of the Community Initiatives Program (CIP) grant streams (Project-Based, Operating, or Major Cultural and Sport Events).
- Capital grant requests can be accessed under CFEP and capital equipment grant requests can be accessed through CIP Project-Based.
CIP is guided by a set of principles that help guide decision-making and administration of the grant program. These principles are:
- community-driven public benefit
Connect with the Community Grants office:
Community Initiatives Program
Alberta Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women
212, 17205 106A Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1M7