Community Initiatives Program (CIP)
CIP provides funding to support initiatives that enhance and enrich communities throughout Alberta.
The Community Initiatives Program (CIP) provides funding for organizations that create opportunities for Albertans to engage with and help develop their communities.
CIP outcomes are to:
- strengthen leadership and organizational capacity of community organizations
- support community-driven goals that have a public benefit
CIP has 4 distinct funding streams:
Funding streams at a glance
|Project-Based||Operating||International Development||Major Cultural and Sport Events|
|Web page||Project-Based||Operating||International Development||Major Cultural and Sport Events|
|Funding||Up to $75,000||Up to $75,000||Up to $25,000||Up to $250,000|
|Application deadlines||January 15
|Project completion timeframe||18 months from date of cheque||30 months from date of receipt of payment||30 months from date of receipt of payment||18 months from the start of the term of the grant agreement|
|Stream priorities||Local community projects||Ongoing programs and services||Humanitarian projects in developing countries||Sanctioned national and international events|
Organizations can apply for one capital and one non-capital grant per government fiscal year (April 1-March 31).
- Non-capital grant requests can be accessed through any one of the Community Initiatives Program (CIP) grant streams (Project-Based, Operating, International Development or Major Cultural and Sport Events).
- Capital grant requests can be accessed under CFEP and capital equipment grant requests can be accessed through CIP Project-Based.
CIP is guided by a set of principles that help guide decision-making and administration of the grant program. These principles are:
- community-driven public benefit
Community Initiatives Program
Alberta Culture and Tourism
212, 17205 – 106A Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1M7