The Community Initiatives Program (CIP) provides funding for organizations that create opportunities for Albertans to engage with and help develop their communities.
CIP outcomes are to:
- strengthen leadership and organizational capacity of community organizations
- support community-driven goals that have a public benefit
CIP has 3 distinct funding streams:
- Major Cultural and Sport Events
Funding streams at a glance
|Project-Based||Operating||Major Cultural and Sport Events|
|Web page||Project-Based||Operating||Major Cultural and Sport Events|
|Funding||Up to $75,000||Up to $75,000||Up to $250,000|
|Application deadlines||January 15
|Project completion timeframe||18 months from date of cheque||30 months from date of receipt of payment||18 months from the start of the term of the grant agreement|
|Stream priorities||Local community projects||Ongoing programs and services||Sanctioned national and international events|
Organizations can apply for one capital and one non-capital grant per government fiscal year (April 1 to March 31).
- Non-capital grant requests can be accessed through any one of the Community Initiatives Program (CIP) grant streams (Project-Based, Operating, or Major Cultural and Sport Events).
- Capital grant requests can be accessed under CFEP and capital equipment grant requests can be accessed through CIP Project-Based.
CIP is guided by a set of principles that help guide decision-making and administration of the grant program. These principles are:
- community-driven public benefit
Connect with the Community Grants office:
Community Initiatives Program
Alberta Culture and Status of Women
212, 17205 106A Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1M7
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.