The previous Status of Women Community Grant Program has been consolidated under the CIP Project Based stream for community-based initiatives focused on addressing gender-based violence, women’s economic security and women in leadership.
Check our grant pages regularly for up-to-date information and any changes to the various grant programs.
Note: Processing time is taking longer than anticipated. Thank you for your patience.
Annual application intake deadlines
- January 15
- May 15
- September 15
Projects must be completed within 18 months from the date the payment is received by the organization. Details are in the CIP Project-Based guidelines.
- July (for January 15 intake)
- November (for May 15 intake)
- March (for September intake)
Notification is sent by email to your organization.
Grant information sessions
Previous grant information sessions were recorded and are available for your reference and learning.
This video covers the basics of the CIP Project-Based, including program outcomes and criteria used to determine organization and project eligibility.
Application session video
This video features an in-depth conversation and walk-through of the CIP Project-Based application form.
Budget session video
This video features an in-depth conversation and walk-through of the CIP Project-Based budget template.
How to apply
Step 1. Read the grant guidelines
Step 2. Fill out the application package
Complete the package documents:
- Include the necessary additional documents with your application submission (see checklist on page 2 of the application).
- Incomplete applications may be cancelled or processing may be delayed.
- Keep a complete copy of your application, budget and mandatory documents as you may be contacted if further information or clarification is required.
Step 3. Submit the application package
Email the completed application package to the Community Grants Program:
Email: [email protected]
After you apply
During the review process, organizations may be contacted for information by program staff.
Notification will be sent to your organization by email. All decisions are final, and no appeals will be considered.
Organizations declined for funding may submit a new application for the same project as long as expenses have not been incurred prior to the submission of the new application.
Projects must be completed and accounted for within 18 months from the date the grant payment was received.
Financial reporting must be:
- completed using the Final CIP Accountability Report (FCAR) (DOCX, 121 KB)
- submitted to program staff within the periods specified in the guidelines unless an extension of the reporting date has been approved
Additional accounting requirements are outlined in the CIP Project-Based Guidelines.
Contact us about reporting requirements or project completion issues.
Previous grant recipients
Find previous grant recipients in the Previous Grant Recipient Database
Connect with the Community Grants office: