Call 911 if you or someone you know is in immediate danger.
Bullying Helpline Chat: to get help anonymously in English.
Available 24 hours a day in English only. Talk anonymously with trained staff/counsellors.
How it works:
- Enter your information and click Start.
- Watch for a pop-up window to know when the next chat staff member is free.
- Begin entering your chat when you see a message in the chat window.
What you need to know:
- the average chat session is 30 minutes
- chat is in English only
- for a more secure chat, set your internet browser to private mode
- there may be long wait times for the service
- for a faster and more stable connection use a desktop computer
- if you lose your chat connection, log in again or call 310-1818 (Bullying Helpline)
- after you finish, click ‘End chat’ instead of closing your browser
If you suspect someone is experiencing family violence or other types of abuse, contact:
- Family Violence Info Line: 310-1818 to get help anonymously 24/7 in more than 170 languages
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-KIDS (5437) for help 24/7
- Sexual Violence One Line: Call or text 1-866-403-8000 from 9 am to 9 pm daily for confidential support.
- Abuse Helpline: 1-855-443-5722 for information on supports related to physical, sexual, emotional, mental abuse, exploitation or neglect. Help is available 24/7 in multiple languages.
- Protection for Persons in Care reporting line: 1-888-357-9339 to report the abuse of an adult receiving care or support services from public funded service providers such as:
- seniors’ lodges
- nursing homes
- mental health facilities
- group homes
- addictions treatment centres
- other supportive living settings
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.