COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Call 911 if you or someone you know is in immediate danger.
Bullying Helpline Chat: to get help anonymously in English.
Bullying is repeated mean, cruel, hurtful behaviours done on purpose by someone with more power. It can be verbal, physical, social and online. Recognize the warning signs.
Bullying Awareness Week (November 15 to 19, 2021) is the third week in November.
It is a time to promote awareness and understanding of bullying and its impacts.
Bullying is a relationship problem that involves a power imbalance, which is why it can be so challenging to overcome it by ourselves. Regardless of where bullying happens – in school, the office, at home or in the community – there are people and resources that can help. This year’s theme, #WhereToTurn, encourages everyone to learn where to turn when dealing with bullying.
Here are a few ways you can take part in Bullying Awareness Week:
- share bullying prevention resources on social media
- the Bullying Helpline (1-888-456-2323) is available 24/7 in over 170 languages
- start a discussion with your friends, family or coworkers about how to intervene
- write a letter or email to the editor of your local newspaper or radio station about the importance of promoting healthy relationships
Promote the event
We can help promote your events online, during Bullying Awareness Week and year round.
Post your event photos on social media
- Follow us on Twitter at @AlbertaCSS
- Share your event photos using the #WhereToTurn and #BullyingAwarenessWeek hastags
Bullying Awareness Week 2021 awareness resources are available below. Download and share the posters, social media graphics and email signature to help raise awareness of Bullying Awareness Week.
Social media graphics
- Adults – Facebook graphic (PNG, 44 KB)
- Child – Facebook graphic (PNG, 840 KB)
- Teen – Facebook graphic (PNG, 729 KB)
- Senior – Facebook graphic (PNG, 977 KB)
- Adults – Instagram graphic (PNG, 77 KB)
- Child – Instagram graphic (PNG, 1.7 MB)
- Teen – Instagram graphic (PNG, 1.4 MB)
- Senior – Instagram graphic (PNG, 2.1 MB)
- Adults – LinkedIn graphic (PNG, 44 KB)
- Child – LinkedIn graphic (PNG, 840 KB)
- Teen – LinkedIn graphic (PNG, 729 KB)
- Senior – LinkedIn graphic (PNG, 977 KB)
- Adults – Twitter graphic (PNG, 45 KB)
- Child – Twitter graphic (PNG, 903 KB)
- Teen – Twitter graphic (PNG, 801 KB)
- Senior – Twitter graphic (PNG, 1.1 MB)
- Adults - Multiplatform graphic (PNG, 71 KB)
- Child – Multiplatform graphic (PNG, 1.6 MB)
- Teen – Multiplatform graphic (PNG, 1.4 MB)
- Senior – Multiplatform graphic (PNG, 1.9 MB)
Header profile or cover images
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.