New design of bridges and structures shall be completed in accordance with the Engineering Consultant Guidelines - Volume 1 - Design and Tender. More specific information and guidelines are available at the following links:
Standard Drawings and Typical Detail Drawings are available for certain bridge components and shall be utilized as appropriate.
Drafting for detailed drawings shall be in accordance with the Engineering Drafting Guidelines for Highway and Bridge Projects.
SUPERSEDED Engineering Drafting Guidelines:
- FORWARD - STANDARD PROCEDURE FOR SUBMITTAL OF PLANS (pdf 21KB)
- SECTION 1 - GENERAL REQUIREMENTS - February 2005 (pdf 65KB)
- SECTION 2 - GUIDELINES FOR BRIDGE PROJECTS - February 2005 (pdf 6.5MB)
- SECTION 3 - GUIDELINES FOR HIGHWAY PROJECTS - July 2003 (pdf 643KB)
- SECTION 4 - GUIDELINES FOR AGGREGATE PROJECTS - Jan 2011(pdf 306KB)
- SECTION 5 - APPENDICES - October 2004 (pdf 87KB)