- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
The Bridge to Teacher Certification Program is a one-year program that helps school authorities sponsor and hire journey-certificated tradespeople to teach CTS.
Government, the Alberta Teachers’ Association and post-secondary institutions worked together to create the program.
Learn more about the Career and Technology Studies: 2021 Bridge to Teacher Certification Program (PDF, 252 KB).
This program helps school authorities create more CTS opportunities for students.
It does this by attracting new teachers from industries and trades that are in demand.
Government may authorize participants who complete the program to work as a teacher while completing a Bachelor of Education, which is required for interim professional certification.
Eligible participants are selected by school authorities and include:
- certified journeypersons from various trades
- health care professionals
- information technologists
How to apply
School authorities can submit an application to government by filling out the CTS Bridging application form (PDF, 171 KB).
Schools should work with their community to identify career and technology subjects that:
- interest students
- have local experts interested in teaching in a classroom setting
Connect with the Teacher and Leadership Certification Branch: