Changes to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and revised regulations take effect on December 1, 2021. Read more about the changes to OHS laws.
The Alberta Labour Relations Board (ALRB) is the appeal body for OHS matters. The following are subject to direct appeal to the board:
- Orders issued under OHS Act sections 38, 39 or 40
- Administrative penalties
- Orders or administrative penalties that are varied by a Director under section 41 of the OHS Act
- Cancellation or suspension of licences
- Work refusal report (OHS Act 17(15))
- Disciplinary action reports (OHS Act 19(2)) and decisions (OHS Act 19(8))
Decisions by the ALRB may be subject to an application for judicial review to the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta pursuant to s.46(13) OHS Act.
Find out more on how to file an appeal with the ALRB.
Contact the Alberta Labour Relations Board
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.