COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
As of January 1, 2018, the Alberta Labour Relations Board (ALRB) is legislated as the “Appeal Body” under section 71(1) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Beginning June 1, 2018
The following matters are subject to appeal directly to the Appeal Body (ALRB):
- Orders issued under ss. 36, 62, 63, 64 or 65;
- Administrative penalties;
- Cancellation or suspension of licenses;
- Discriminatory Action reports; and
- Director Review decisions.
Following a Director of Inspection review, the Appeal Body (ALRB) may consider:
- any matter referred to the Appeal Body by the Director under sec 70(6), or
- an appeal of any other Director’s decision.
Decisions by the Alberta Labour Relations Board (ALRB) may be subject to an application for judicial review to the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta pursuant to s.72(13) OHS Act.
Find out more on how to file an appeal with the ALRB.
Contact the Alberta Labour Relations Board
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.