Intake status: On hold – Applications to register with the program are not being accepted.
To apply for the Alberta Indigenous Intern Program (AIIP), applicants must have experience with Indigenous people, projects or communities.
During the 2-year internship, interns will:
- spend the first 6 months working in a provincial government ministry
- spend 6 months working with an Indigenous community partner, or one that serves a high number of Indigenous people
- return to a provincial ministry for the final 12 months
- have graduated from an accredited university / college in the last 2 years
- have experience with Indigenous people, projects or communities
Additional qualifications may be required depending on the specific position.
Annual intake for the AIIP can be found on the Government of Alberta jobs page.
Connect with Indigenous Relations:
Address for Indigenous Relations mail/courier:
Alberta Indigenous Relations
Indigenous Economic Security Councils
10th Floor, Forestry Building
9920 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2M4
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.