Agriculture grazing and haying

Agricultural dispositions such as a grazing lease or permit may be allowed on parks land.

Explore pages in:
  • Cottages
  • Agriculture grazing and haying


Some provincial parks and protected areas may allow grazing and haying for conservation, vegetation management and range management purposes.

Cultivation of existing native grassland is not permitted within any park classification.

The department asks the public to be respectful of grazing and haying activities on these lands by adhering to the following:

  • Take care in any park where there are cattle.
  • Leave all gates as found.
  • Do not harass or disturb livestock.
  • Slow down and drive with extra caution when livestock are near or crossing roads.
  • Avoid bulls and cows with calves.

If you have questions about grazing livestock or haying on land under a parks designation contact your local rangeland agrologist.


Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Phone toll free: 310-LAND (5263)
Email: [email protected]

Land Management – Contacts

Public Lands Disposition – Contacts


Back to Cottages