Funding programs, business resources, agriculture information, agri-food and local food business resources, and calculators and tools.
Sustainable forest management, wildfire prevention and management, and forest tenure, trade and market access.
Agri-News weekly newsletter, podcasts and other updates.
Loans, grants and other funding opportunities for the agricultural sector.
Access maps and forecasts, and hourly data from over 350 weather stations across Alberta.
Provide input to help shape the future of workplace legislation on farms and ranches.
August 11-18: Experience and celebrate Alberta’s growing local food industry.
Traceability in Alberta
Traceability is a crucial component of an effective animal health and food safety system that enables precise and rapid emergency response to protect livestock, producers and consumers.
Get updates on agricultural business, livestock, crops, rural living, learning, jobs in agriculture and events.
Alberta approved farmers’ markets
Information about how to start, manage or find a farmers’ market in Alberta.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry is responsible for:
- policies, legislation, regulations and services necessary for Alberta’s agriculture, food and forest sectors to grow, prosper and diversify
- inspiring public confidence in wildfire and forest management and the quality and safety of food
- supporting environmentally sustainable resource management practices
- leading collaboration that enables safe and resilient rural communities
- Ag-Info Centre
- Calendar of Events
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Staff directory
- Aug 09, 2019
The second annual Alberta Local Food Week will showcase Alberta producers and processors and promote the province’s $1-billion local food industry.
- Jul 22, 2019
The Federal, Provincial, and Territorial (FPT) Ministers of Agriculture concluded their two-day annual meeting in Quebec City on July 19.
- Jul 12, 2019
Albertans can participate in an online survey to help shape the future of farm workplace legislation