The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry is responsible for:
- policies, legislation, regulations and services necessary for Alberta’s agriculture, food and forest sectors to grow, prosper and diversify
- inspiring public confidence in wildfire and forest management and the quality and safety of food
- supporting environmentally sustainable resource management practices
- leading collaboration that enables safe and resilient rural communities
- Ag-Info Centre
- Calendar of Events
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Ministry staff directory
Livestock mortality management
Livestock mortality management includes the rules, regulations and best practices around livestock carcass disposal.
Get updates on agricultural business, livestock, crops, rural living, learning, jobs in agriculture and events.
New business resumption protocol
Business Resumption in Alberta (PDF, 476 KB) outlines roles and responsibilities in cases of a confirmed COVID-19 worker in a provincial or federal-licensed food facility.
- May 26, 2020
In response to recent precipitation in many areas of the province and the great work of Alberta Wildfire, the government is removing the fire ban in the Forest Protection Area. A fire advisory is now in effect.
- May 22, 2020
The Government of Alberta and Agriculture Financial Services Corporation (AFSC) are working hard to help producers this spring, and 92 per cent of pre-seeding claims are complete.
- May 21, 2020
Farmers can connect directly with food service and retail operations to get more farm-fresh food on Albertans’ tables through an enhanced online tool.