The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry is responsible for:
- policies, legislation, regulations and services necessary for Alberta’s agriculture, food and forest sectors to grow, prosper and diversify
- inspiring public confidence in wildfire and forest management and the quality and safety of food
- supporting environmentally sustainable resource management practices
- leading collaboration that enables safe and resilient rural communities
- Ag-Info Centre
- Calendar of Events
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Ministry staff directory
Traceability in Alberta
Traceability is a crucial component of an effective animal health and food safety system that enables precise and rapid emergency response to protect livestock, producers and consumers.
Get updates on agricultural business, livestock, crops, rural living, learning, jobs in agriculture and events.
Alberta approved farmers’ markets
Information about how to start, manage or find a farmers’ market in Alberta.
- Mar 26, 2020
Government and industry are working together to ensure Albertans continue to have access to safe, affordable food as the COVID-19 response continues.
- Mar 01, 2020
March 1 marks the start of wildfire season in Alberta.
- Feb 20, 2020
The governments of Canada and Alberta are helping Jacek Chocolate Couture expand production and reduce environmental impact through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.