In 2019 Alberta exported agriculture and food products valued at over C$11.6 billion.
The Alberta government provides the following services to Alberta companies:
- international connections
- international business support
- consulting on international marketing
- business facilitation
- market intelligence
- opportunity identification
- support for improvements in market access
- tools for profiling Alberta
- export readiness
- While Alberta exports around the globe, in 2019 our top markets were the United States, China, Japan and Mexico.
- The top 5 agri-food exports were beef ($2.4 billion), wheat ($2.4 billion), canola seed ($1.1 billion), crude canola oil ($827.4 million) and live cattle ($742.8 million).
- Alberta’s food processors have access to the Food Processing Development Centre (FPDC), a 6,000 m2 state-of-the art facility with a commercial pilot plant, plus culinary and product development laboratories and sensory analysis capability.
- The Government of Alberta operates 12 international offices in various locations in Asia, Southeast Asia, Europe and North America.
Calendar of events
View a listing of international trade events and missions.
Alberta Agriculture and Food Products and Services: Export Catalogue
Designed for importers, distributors and buyers located outside of Canada, this catalogue features agriculture products and services that Alberta exports internationally.
Exporters can submit product or company information all year round.
Each month we email a newsletter highlighting events, trade missions, project results and other news about international markets.
Sign up to receive Market News: email@example.com
These fact sheets help companies prepare for export markets:
- Meeting with buyers: be prepared for the meeting
- Costs of entering global markets
- Brokers and distributors: your partner in the market
- Listing fees or slotting allowances (pay-to-stay fees)
- Certificate of free sale
Connect with the International Market Development Section: