COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
In 2020, Alberta exported agriculture and food products valued at $12.4 billion.
The Alberta government provides the following services to Alberta companies:
- international connections
- international business support
- consulting on international marketing
- business facilitation
- market intelligence
- opportunity identification
- support for improvements in market access
- tools for profiling Alberta
- export readiness
- While Alberta exports around the globe, in 2020, our top markets were the United States, China, Japan, Mexico and South Korea.
- The top 5 agri-food exports in 2020 were beef ($2.5 billion), wheat ($2.3 billion), canola seed ($1.7 billion), crude canola oil ($1 billion) and live cattle ($689 million).
- Alberta’s food processors have access to the Food Processing Development Centre (FPDC), a 6,000 m2 state-of-the art facility with a commercial pilot plant, plus culinary and product development laboratories and sensory analysis capability.
- The Government of Alberta operates 12 international offices in various locations in Asia, Southeast Asia, Europe and North America.
Alberta Agriculture and Food Products and Services: Export Catalogue
Designed for importers, distributors and buyers located outside of Canada, this catalogue features agriculture products and services that Alberta exports internationally.
Exporters can submit product or company information all year round.
- New Listing Application (DOCX, 98 KB) (food, ingredients and health products)
- New Listing Application - Non-food (DOCX, 98 KB) (agriculture products and services including technology, equipment and supplies, animal feed, livestock and genetic materials and services, soil conditioners and fertilizers)
Each month we email a newsletter highlighting events, trade missions, project results and other news about international markets.
Sign up to receive Market News: [email protected]
These fact sheets help companies prepare for export markets:
- International trade and logistics
- E-Commerce for exporters
- Meeting with buyers: be prepared for the meeting
- Costs of entering global markets
- Brokers and distributors: your partner in the market
- Listing fees or slotting allowances (pay-to-stay fees)
- Certificate of free sale
Connect with a trade development officer:
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.