In 2018 Alberta exported agriculture and food products valued at over C$11.6 billion.
The Alberta government provides the following services to Alberta companies:
- international connections
- international business support
- consulting on international marketing
- business facilitation
- market intelligence
- opportunity identification
- support for improvements in market access
- tools for profiling Alberta
- export readiness
- While Alberta exports around the globe, in 2018 our top markets were the United States, China, Japan, Mexico and Indonesia.
- The top 5 agri-food exports were wheat ($2.3 billion), beef ($2 billion), canola seed ($1.7 billion), crude canola oil ($1 billion) and oilseed cake and meal ($575 million).
- In 2018 Canada concluded 3 multilateral trade agreements – the Canada, United States and Mexico Agreement; the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement with the European Union; and the Comprehensive and the Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- The Government of Alberta operates 12 international offices in various locations in Asia, Southeast Asia, Europe and North America.
Calendar of events
View a listing of international trade events and missions.
Alberta Agriculture and Food Products and Services: Export Catalogue
Designed for importers, distributors and buyers located outside of Canada, this catalogue features agriculture products and services that Alberta exports internationally.
Exporters can submit product or company information all year round. For the 2020 edition apply by January 31, 2020 by following these steps:
- Download and fill out the New Listing Application Form (DOCX, 40 KB)
- Email the completed form to: email@example.com
Each month we email a newsletter highlighting events, trade missions, project results and other news about international markets.
Sign up to receive Market News: firstname.lastname@example.org
These fact sheets help companies prepare for export markets:
- Meeting with buyers: be prepared for the meeting
- Costs of entering global markets
- Brokers and distributors: your partner in the market
- Listing fees or slotting allowances (pay-to-stay fees)
- Certificate of free sale
Connect with the International Market Development Section: