In 2018 Alberta exported agriculture and food products valued at over C$11.6 billion.
The Alberta government provides the following services to Alberta companies:
- international connections
- international business support
- consulting on international marketing
- business facilitation
- market intelligence
- opportunity identification
- support for improvements in market access
- tools for profiling Alberta
- export readiness
- While Alberta exports around the globe, in 2018 our top markets were the United States, China, Japan, Mexico and Indonesia.
- The top 5 agri-food exports were wheat ($2.3 billion), beef ($2 billion), canola seed ($1.7 billion), crude canola oil ($1 billion) and oilseed cake and meal ($575 million).
- In 2018 Canada concluded 3 multilateral trade agreements – the Canada, United States and Mexico Agreement; the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement with the European Union; and the Comprehensive and the Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- The Government of Alberta operates 12 international offices in various locations in Asia, Southeast Asia, Europe and North America.
- Should you export? Exporting creates new markets and opportunities for your business, but requires a strategic approach and a great deal of planning.
Calendar of events
View a listing of international trade events and missions.
Alberta Agriculture and Food Products and Services: Export Catalogue
Designed for importers, distributors and buyers located outside of Canada, this catalogue features agriculture products and services that Alberta exports internationally.
Email us to find out if you are eligible for a free listing in the catalogue.
Each month we email a newsletter highlighting events, trade missions, project results and other news about international markets.
Sign up to receive Market News: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with the International Market Development Branch: