Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
Applications for all Water Act licences, including renewals, and amendments must be submitted through the Digital Regulatory Assurance System (DRAS). For information on how to apply, amend and renew various Water Act licences in DRAS, refer to the knowledge articles in DRAS for Water Act application for licences.
For all Water Act licences issued, amended, or renewed in DRAS that require reporting, the licence holder must report water use data in DRAS. For information on how to report water use data in DRAS, refer to knowledge article KB0023429.
WATERS will still be active for Alberta Energy Regulator applicants.
This site enables Alberta water licence holders to report their water use in support of 'Water for Life: Alberta's Strategy for Sustainability'.
- Quick Instruction – How to Access and Use the Water Use Reporting Screen Guides (PDF, 977 KB)
- Quick Instruction – How to Access and Use the Water Use Reporting System (PDF, 76 KB)
External user manuals for WURS
- Basic – Submitter Submission Details and Inactive Periods (PDF, 129 KB)
- Flow Chart – Quick Reference Guide (PDF, 109 KB)
- Groundwater – Chemical Analysis (PDF, 370 KB)
- Groundwater – Levels (PDF, 102 KB)
- Groundwater – Reports (PDF, 200 KB)
- Licence Administrator Manual - PIN Management (PDF, 82 KB)
- Logon/Registration - Error Messages and their Meanings (PDF, 233 KB)
- Meter and Meter Measurements – Submitter Submission Details and Inactive Periods (PDF, 195 KB)
- Two Factor – Submitter Submission Details and Inactive Periods (PDF, 116 KB)
- Water Measurement Guidebook
- WUR Multi Licence File Upload (CSV) (PDF, 261 KB)
- WUR Multi Licence File Upload (XML) (PDF, 239 KB)
Connect with support for WURS:
Regulatory Approvals Centre
Email: [email protected] (for all other enquiries)
Alberta Energy Regulator WURS
Email: [email protected] (for energy related enquiries)
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.