November is Adoption Awareness Month
The Supports for Permanency program provides financial support to families who adopt or obtain private guardianship of children under the age of 18 years in permanent government care.
Available financial supports include:
- basic foster care maintenance rates
- up to $70 per week to help with the child or youth’s emotional and behavioral needs
- respite care of up to 576 hours per year per family
- up to 10 counselling sessions per year
- treatment of a child in a residential facility
- reimbursement for the costs of transporting a First Nations child or youth, the caregiver and other family members in the home to the child or youth’s band(s), community or extended family to maintain cultural ties
- medically necessary orthodontic treatment assistance
- medical or psychological assessment assistance necessary to qualify for other programs and services
The following are eligible for the program:
- families who adopted or obtained private guardianship of a child or youth who was the subject of a Permanent Guardianship Order or a Permanent Guardianship Agreement in Alberta
Your family may also be eligible for additional services coordinated with the Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) program.
How to apply
Connect with Alberta Adoption Services with questions or comments.
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.