Table of contents
- About the OPGT
- Alternate personal decision-making options for adults
- Making financial decisions for those who are not able to
- Capacity assessment
- Decision-maker notices
- Complaints about decision-makers
- Advance planning
- Educational material
- Contact OPGT
Adults may not be able to make their own decisions for different reasons. A capacity assessment is used to determine if an adult can:
- make their own personal or financial decisions
- understand the information and consequence of making those decisions
For capacity assessments:
- an assessment tool is used for different decision-making options
- the correct form must be used
Qualified professionals must complete the capacity assessment.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.