- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 40+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
SafeRoads Alberta is the administrative adjudication branch of Alberta Transportation. It is responsible for conducting reviews for:
- provincial administrative penalties received by impaired drivers, and
- vehicle seizures
Albertans are able to view and manage requests online with reviews that are written, done over the phone, or by videoconference. The process is simple, fast, efficient and fair for Albertans, with Immediate Roadside Sanctions (IRS) program matters being resolved within 30 days.
The most serious cases, including repeat offenders and impaired driving causing death or bodily harm, may receive both provincial administrative penalties and Criminal Code (Canada) charges.
The Provincial Administrative Penalties Act
The Provincial Administrative Penalties Act creates the framework for the new administrative resolution model and changes how Alberta penalizes impaired drivers. The new system is based on improving access to justice while ensuring Albertans have a simple, fast, fair, and efficient way to challenge their notices.
Fact Sheet: Provincial Administrative Penalties Act (PDF, 170 KB)
Through the SafeRoads portal, Albertans are able to:
- view the details of their administrative penalties
- pay their fines
- request more time to pay
- request a vehicle seizure review
- request an impaired driving administrative penalty review
For more information and to access the SafeRoads portal, visit Find your notice.
To connect with SafeRoads Alberta: