The Residential Tenancy Dispute Resolution Service (RTDRS) is subject to several rules, procedures, laws and regulations including the Residential Tenancies Act and the Mobile Home Sites Tenancies Act.
- Amendments to the Residential Tenancies Act and regulations in 2004 and 2005 allowed for the creation of the service.
- Amendments to the Mobile Home Sites Tenancies Act (MHSTA) and regulations in 2020 allowed for RTDRS to expand its jurisdiction to hear MHSTA related applications.
The Residential Tenancy Dispute Resolution Service Regulation establishes the authority to operate the service. The Rules of Practice and Procedure describe how the RTDRS operates.
The Freedom of Information and Privacy Act applies to the RTDRS. See RTDRS's Directory of Personal Information Banks for more information.
- Student Legal Services (Edmonton)
- Phone: 780-492-8244
- Student Legal Assistance (Calgary)
- Phone: 403-220-6637
- Edmonton Community Legal Centre
- Phone: 780-702-1725
- Central Alberta Community Legal Clinic (Red Deer)
- Lawyer Referral Service
- Alberta Residential Landlord Association
- Phone: 780-413-9773
- Calgary Residential Rental Association
- Phone: 403-265-6055
- Calgary Legal Guidance
- Phone: 403-234-9266
- Centre for Public Legal Education Alberta
- Laws for Landlords and Tenants
- Alberta Real Estate Foundation
- Accessible Housing Society
Past RTDRS decisions
Prior written decisions made by the RTDRS can be found on the CanLII website.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.