COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
The Residential Tenancy Dispute Resolution Service (RTDRS) offers landlords and tenants a method of resolving disputes under the jurisdiction of the Residential Tenancies Act and the Mobile Home Sites Tenancies Act without going to court.
Landlords and tenants can submit applications online using the RTDRS eFiling Service.
- RTDRS conducts all hearings by telephone
Information on what landlords and tenants can apply for is found in the RTDRS eligibility section.
PDF form issues
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers such as Chrome and Firefox. To fill in and save forms:
- Right click on the PDF form link and save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF document using Adobe Reader. Fill in and save the form.
Why does this happen? When a user clicks a link to a form, our site causes a download of the form to the user’s system and then opens in the default pdf viewer. Depending on the browser and setup, it may result in a failure to properly display the pdf. Firefox and Chrome browsers can be configured to work with pdfs by referring to this Adobe support document.
Use these application forms if not submitting online:
- Landlord's Application for Termination of Tenancy and Unpaid Rent (PDF, 214 KB)
- Used by landlords when their tenant is still residing in the rental premises.
- Landlord's Application for Damages (PDF, 216 KB)
- Used by landlords when their tenant no longer resides in the rental premises.
- RTDRS Damages Tip Sheet (information for parties filing damage applications)
- Tenant's Application (PDF, 213 KB)
- Used by tenants.
- RTDRS Damages Tip Sheet (information for parties filing tenant applications)
- Declaration of Service by Landlord (PDF, 144 KB)
- Declaration of Service by Tenant (PDF, 140 KB)
- Declaration in Support of Substitutional Service (PDF, 133 KB)
- Declaration in Support of Abridgement of Service (PDF, 153 KB)
- Declaration in Support of a Notice to Attend (PDF, 132 KB)
- RTDRS Fee Waiver Form (PDF, 150 KB)
- RTDRS Request Form (PDF, 182 KB)
- Adding Evidence/Defence Evidence (PDF, 160 KB)
- Updating Application Information/Adding a Claim (PDF, 182 KB)
Audio recording for the purpose of appeal
- RTDRS Audio Recording Request Form (PDF, 150 KB)
- Notice of Default (PDF, 89 KB)
- Notice of Withdrawal (PDF, 151 KB)
- Completed by the applicant if they wish to cancel their application.
- RTDRS procedure summary (PDF, 98 KB)
- RTDRS rules of practice and procedure
- Document service
- If you have been served with an RTDRS application
- RTDRS telephone hearings
- After the order chart
- RTDRS order: next steps
- RTDRS amended order: next steps
- RTDRS substitutional service order: next steps
- RTDRS abridgement of service order: next steps
- Court of Queen’s Bench Service Information Sheet
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.