RTDRS offices are temporarily closed to the public.
RTDRS is conducting all hearings by phone. Parties to a previously scheduled in-person hearing will be contacted about the change. Parties wishing to proactively provide their phone number for an upcoming hearing are asked to phone 403-297-8550 and leave a message with their name, case number and phone number.
RTDRS continues to accept applications through the online RTDRS eFiling Service.
Applications for possession or termination of the tenancy agreement will be given priority in the RTDRS hearing schedule. Non-urgent applications, such as for damages or return of the security deposit, are being received, but there may be a delay in scheduling while COVID-19 is being managed.
For more information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Trouble opening or completing PDF forms?
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save this form:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.
Update: The RTDRS is now accepting applications related to disputes under the Mobile Home Sites Tenancies Act.
Information on what can be applied for is found in the RTDRS eligibility section.
Landlords and tenants are now able to submit their applications online using the Residential Tenancy Dispute Resolution Service (RTDRS) eFiling Service.
Use these application forms if not submitting online:
- Landlord's Application for Termination of Tenancy and Unpaid Rent (PDF, 214 KB)
- Used by Landlords when their tenant is still residing in the rental premises.
- Landlord's Application for Damages (PDF, 216 KB)
- Used by Landlords when their tenant no longer resides in the rental premises.
- Tenant's Application (PDF, 213 KB)
- Used by Tenants.
- Affidavit of Service by Landlord (PDF, 144 KB)
- Affidavit of Service by Tenant (PDF, 140 KB)
- Affidavit in Support of Substitutional Service (PDF, 133 KB)
- Affidavit in Support of Abridgement of Service (PDF, 153 KB)
- Affidavit in Support of a Notice to Attend (PDF, 132 KB)
- RTDRS Fee Waiver Form (PDF, 150 KB)
- RTDRS Request Form (PDF, 182 KB)
- Additional Evidence/Defence Evidence Form (PDF, 160 KB)
- Amended Application Form (PDF, 182 KB)
Audio recording for the purpose of appeal
- RTDRS Audio Recording Request Form (PDF, 150 KB)
- Notice of Default (PDF, 89 KB)
- Notice of Withdrawal (PDF, 151 KB)
- Completed by the applicant if they wish to cancel their application.
- RTDRS procedure summary
- Document service
- Hearing procedure chart
- If you have been served with an RTDRS application
- RTDRS telephone hearings
- After the order chart
- RTDRS order: next steps
- RTDRS amended order: next steps
- RTDRS substitutional service order: next steps
- RTDRS abridgement of service order: next steps
- Court of Queen’s Bench Service Information Sheet