Part of Income Support

Report a change to Income Support

Report changes to your finances, health or living situation to ensure that you get the support you need and avoid overpayments.

Report all changes

To avoid an overpayment or underpayment, report all changes to your situation to your Income Support worker as soon as possible.

Contact your caseworker to report changes in your:

  • employment
  • medical condition
  • number of children/dependents
  • marital or relationship status
  • children turning 18 years old
  • ability to work or take training
  • assets you or your spouse or partner have
  • income you or your spouse or partner receive
  • eligibility for health benefits from another program
  • address, phone number or other contact information
  • location if you, your spouse/partner or dependent children:
    • move to another home
    • leave Alberta for more than 30 days
    • move away from Alberta permanently
    • stay in hospital, or live in a nursing home,
    • mental health facility, group home or prison

If you are not sure if a change will affect your benefits, contact your case worker.


Contact your Income Support worker for all related Income Support questions.

If you do not know how to reach your worker, contact your local Alberta Supports Centre.