The Professional Driver Improvement Course (PDIC) is designed specifically for commercial vehicle drivers and is focused on operating specific types of commercial vehicles.
Commercial carriers often require their drivers to take this course as a regulation requirement, as part of their professional development or to become better informed about safe driving practices.
Where to take the course
The approved Professional Driver Improvement Course is currently available through:
- licensed driver training schools – organizations licensed to provide driver training to the public for a fee
- certified employee driver training agencies – organizations certified to provide driver training to their employees
- Requirements for approval of a Professional Driver Improvement Course
- Requirements for approval: light vehicle – Professional Driver Improvement Course (LV-PDIC)
- Online Driver Training Course: Requirements for Approval
You will receive a Notice of Driver Education Course Completion form upon successful completion of the PDIC.
You can submit this form to any Alberta registry agent to get a maximum of 3 demerit points removed from your driving record. This can only be done once every 2 years.
See Demerit driving suspension for further details
Connect with MELT and Licensing Standards: